What does FBA headway mean?
FBA’s first journey is Amazon’s logistics distribution service, the abbreviation of Fulfillment by Amazon in English. It is also a synonym for Chinese cross-border e-commerce sellers to Amazon warehouse service (referring to shipping from China to an Amazon FBA warehouse). Amazon FBA headway is not as simple as simple warehousing and delivery.
FBA services include pre-sale, after-sale, and return and exchange services for FBA orders. Because Amazon is not responsible for customs clearance and delivery to the FBA warehouse, the seller is responsible for the logistics service before entering the Amazon FBA warehouse, which is the so-called FBA first journey.
What are the characteristics of the FBA first journey service?
1. Diversified and suitable for the FBA headway of various products: if you are in a hurry to replenish the goods, you can use the express headway or the air freight headway; if you value the cost, you can use the sea freight headway.
2. Personalization to reduce the risk of FBA inventory overstock caused by slow sales: The products stored in the FBA warehouse are associated with accounts, and the same products cannot be sold on multiple accounts.
This is likely to cause the same product to be sold out of stock in some FBA warehouses, but not sold in other warehouses at the same time. Using FBA to head to overseas warehouses and then transfer them in batches can effectively avoid the above risks and help you maximize profits.
3. Save the cost of the first journey: the first shipping service of domestic FBA logistics is specially designed for B2C cross-border e-commerce sellers. The cost is lower, which can help merchants greatly reduce the cost of FBA head-to-head.
4. Assist in customs clearance and reduce the risk of customs clearance: Using FBA for the first journey, we will assist you in completing the customs clearance at the destination port to prevent the high return fees caused by the forced return of the goods.
The main modes of FBA first-way transportation: air, sea, and international express
1. Air Freight
Air freight refers to a logistics method in which the freight forwarder directly delivers the goods by air to the destination country through its own channels, and then the freight forwarder’s cooperative delivery company in the destination country, such as UPS/FedEx/DPD, etc., delivers the goods on behalf of a logistics method.
If the first FBA transportation is by air, the air freight cost will be relatively expensive, and there is a fixed flight time. It will arrive in about 10 days in Europe and the United States.
The air transportation time is relatively long because the airlines need to round up or arrange the bulk cargo in order to save transportation costs, so it will delay for some time. In terms of safety, it is relatively safe to use air transportation for the first FBA journey.
The whole process of air transportation is domestic order → pickup → inspection → customs declaration → air transportation to destination → customs clearance → notification of express delivery → delivery and storage.
Sea freight is much more economical than air freight, so many Amazon sellers prefer to use sea freight. Shipping will be affected by natural weather and other aspects in terms of logistics timeliness, resulting in a longer transportation time.
Generally, it will take about 18-30 days to arrive in the United States by sea, and the fastest time for Mason to reach the United States and West can be shortened to 18 days.
The whole process of shipping is as follows: Buyers prepare Amazon FBA products and related documents → book space → release space → arrange trailer/pick up → customs declaration → ship to destination port → customs clearance and release → FCL/express to Amazon FBA warehouse.
Compared with air freight, sea freight is more cost-effective, but the timeliness is relatively slow.
3. International Express
Compared with sea freight and air freight, international express delivery has the shortest transportation time, and some can reach Europe and the United States in just one week, and the time limit is very fast, but the price also varies according to different logistics providers. The unit price of transportation is normally the most expensive.
Precautions for FBA first journey
1. When choosing the FBA first-way service transportation method, sellers need to consider both timeliness and their own capital turnover to reduce costs.
2. In addition to the choice of delivery method, the seller should also consider the weight of the goods when selecting the goods. If the goods are very large, they should consider combining the delivery method with the heavier goods to avoid excessive volume. Large and additional shipping costs.
3. It is recommended to try multiple transportation methods at the same time, try to ensure that your products are not in stock, and can continue to bring income and profits to yourself.